Week of: May 20, 2013< Prev Week | Next Week >
The Health + Fitness Centre has two conditioning studios totalling over 5,000 square feet. Each studio features hardwood sprung floors for effective shock absorption, floor to ceiling windows, filtered water, and a variety of athletic equipment:
- Body Balls
- Steps and risers
- BOSU trainers
- Yoga mats and blocks
- Small hand weights
- Stretching mats
- Myofascial balls
- Resistive tubing
Members are welcome to use the studios when no classes are scheduled. Our spacious studios enable you to work on core conditioning, practice martial arts, or develop your dance routine.
To ensure you have a fun and enjoyable experience we ask that all members be familiar with these class guidelines:
- For back-to-back classes, please do not enter the studio until the previous class is over
- Let your instructor know if you have any medical conditions that may affect your ability to exercise
- Please be on time for class as the warm up is an important part of your workout. If you have to leave early, be sure to cool down and stretch
- Go at your own pace and watch for modifications from the instructor
- We recommend you bring a water bottle and towel to the high energy classes.
In addition to the studios, you can escape from the world in the Sanctuary Room. Located in a quiet corner of the fourth floor and reserved for private Yoga and Pilates, this sanctuary provides a quiet and serene place to take a pause in your busy day.